Support the diagnosis and/or treatment of a variety of medical conditions and are relevant in the following clinical areas:
- Solid organ transplantation and clinical advice for donor selection
- Haematopoietic stem cell transplantation and clinical advice for donor selection
- Blood transfusion and transfusion reactions (SHOT)
- Platelet refractoriness and provision of HLA/HPA selected components
- Platelet immunology
- Granulocyte immunology
- Immunogenetics including diagnostic testing and pharmacogenetics
Clinical Indications For the investigation of platelet refractoriness, HLA/HPA/HNA antibody screening, HLA/HPA/HNA typing, transfusion-related acute lung injury (TRALI), transfusion-associated graft versus host disease (TA-GvHD), post transfusion purpura (PTP), non-haemolytic febrile transfusion reaction (NHFTR), HLA typing and disease association.
Sample Required Please contact the laboratory to discuss.
Sample Volume Please contact the laboratory to discuss.
Turnaround Time Dependent on clinical requirement. Contact the laboratory to discuss further.
This test is performed at a reference laboratory.